Change Control is a process within Quality Management Systems and Information Technology designed to ensure that any changes to a system are executed in a carefully controlled and coordinated way.
Without due diligence in change control, a network or system is put at increased risk of exposure to faults or other undesirable outcomes. These errors in administering changes to a system can be highly disruptive to users, difficult to diagnose, and expensive to correct.
Change Control Includes:
- Control and coordination of system changes
- Version control and backups
- Minimization of service disruption
- Reduction in back-out activities
- Cost-effective use of resources during change process